A Console table, also known as sofa table, is modern furniture used in the living space, family room or hallway. These tables are narrow and tall that can be used for decorative and functional purpose. Wondering how? Well, you can put a flower vase, a framed family photograph and memento on the table to touch memories every now and then.
Available in different sizes, shapes, heights, materials and styles, a console table can be an adept addition of class and utility. Here are some things to know before you make your choice.
• Know the purpose of a console table: If you have made up your mind to spend dollars on an exquisite piece, you have to determine the purpose you will use it for. Definitely, you do not intend to keep the table as an empty, underutilized occupant. You can keep display items on the table that will bring grandeur. Ornate lamp shades can give you that extra lighting in the living area. You can use them to post a small night lamp in your bedroom.
• Select the right pattern and style: Console tables can be found in large variety of patterns and styles; from sleek to ornamental and from traditional to trendy. Sofa tables come in an abundance of colors to amaze your senses. You need to envision your home décor and pick the right piece to captivate the onlookers.
• Choose perfect material console table: Console tables can be found in a variety of materials such as wood, glass, plastic and metal. You can select table made of reflective or darkened glass in order to provide ultra-sleek appearance. Wood can be classic as well as modern; make sure you match the room’s temperament. Also, you can buy clear glass or light-tinted glass table to brighten up the space.
• Think about durability and maintenance: Instead of getting over-enthusiastic with styles, do consider the durability of the material or else, very soon, you might need to spend again on its repair or replacement. Select the one that is easy to clean and maintain.
• Look at the storage space: Some console tables feature drawers and shelves. If you are purchasing the table for television stand, look for the ones having shelves. This will enable you to store remotes, cable box, DVD-s, and other accessories. Want to place a console table in your study? Use its drawers for storing stationery.
Pairing stylish your console table with a mirror is a great way to make a small room appear more spacious. These tables can be used behind a couch that is not backed against the wall. Thus, a prudently chosen console table will provide extra storage space and also accentuate your room’s style quotient.